Top Ten Things To Do In The Coachella Valley
1. Shop ‘til you Drop. Enjoy an amazing selection of retailers along El Paseo , Palm Desert or Main Street, La Quinta to name just a couple of fabulous shopping areas. Relax and stroll in the sunshine.
2. Experience the Living Desert. Filled with desert wildlife and unique flora and fauna, The Living Desert is simply a must-see for children and adults alike. From giraffes to agaves, there’s plenty to keep you entertained.
3. Take in a show. For an evening of live entertainment, head to the McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts, Palm Desert’s own state-of-the-art performance facility that houses musicals, concerts, dance, opera, orchestra and more.
4. Relax Poolside. Grab a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, a magazine, a cocktail or just your sunscreen and head out to the pool! With warm sunshine all year round the water’s always great.
5. Get Artsy. Explore the artistic side of the Valley with a visit to a gallery, an art walk or stroll around Art under the Umbrellas in Old Town La Quinta. From fine art to architecture, public sculptures and more, there’s no shortage of artistic attractions.
6. Check out the View. Climb one of the dozens of hiking trails in the Valley for a spectacular view of the Coachella Valley and the surrounding mountains.
7. Play a Round. There are so many award-winning championship golf courses to choose from like The Stadium Course, Nicklaus Tournament and Greg Norman at PGA West.
8. Find the Perfect Park. Take Fido for a stroll in one of the Valley’s many dog parks. Grab some friends for a game of disc golf. Or just pack a picnic basket for an afternoon under a shady tree.
9. Take a Ride. The Aerial Tramway at Palm Springs is the best way to get a bird’s eye view of the whole Coachella Valley and in winter you’ll find it’s a snowy wonderland.
10. Savor the Flavor. After enjoying all these fun activities, you’re going to be hungry. Throughout the Valley there are intimate cafes to elegant restaurants featuring innovative and exciting cuisine, as well as plenty of options for al fresco dining.